This new DAC “Spring3” is the design that has been very popular since 2016. This is another milestone for HoloAudio’s own Jeff Zhu. It’s a full discrete R2R type of audio decoder and does not have off the shelf-DAC chip! This is a bespoke custom-designed core DAC module and truly a breakthrough with technology for any DAC chip today. Trickle down technology from the Flagship May Dac. The Spring3 is here to achieve new heights, new dynamics and simply a full spectrum of audio to please the aural senses.
- A new generation of linear compensation technology. A better solution to the resistance, accuracy errors caused by switching components and PCB, after compensations makes the equivalent accuracy reach 0.00005%.
- The new generation of de-glitch technology can provide a full range without increasing the noise floor or other adverse effects.
- Based on this new generation of technology, “泉3” Spring3 (non preamp model) can provide a SINAD of >112dB and a dynamic range of >128dB, which represents the performance limit reached by today’s most advanced R2R architecture DAC.
- Using the ultimate performance of PLL+FIFO technology, provides 0.1Hz Third-Order low-pass ability to inhibit jitter. It also uses a high-performance femtosecond VCXO as the PLL clock source. Under the premise of being almost immune to the front-end jitter, it can also lock up to 1.5us-2us @ 1KHz signal with high jitter. (It can lock up to 1.5us-2us @ 1kHz signal with high jitter on the premise of almost being immune front-end jitter).
- The USB interface uses proprietary firmware with ultra-low latency, a highly reliable data transmission, ideal USB eye pattern measurements that contributes to 2-4 times higher performance than official firmware.
- A single, independent HDMI-I2S input interface is provided, which has a four-way independent circuit, as opposed to standard LVDS chip, making I2S clock signals subject to lower interference and lower jitter. In addition, the I2S input can be configured with a specific pinout configuration, making it compatible with most of the HDMI-I2S digital devices on the market.
- Optional (Factory installed only): A fully balanced, fully discrete analog pre-amplifier. Provides 84 steps, each step is 1db of volume control.
|COAXIAL1, COAXIAL2, OPTICAL, AES||PCM 44.1-192K (24bit)|
|DSD 64X （DOP）|
|USB||PCM 44.1K-1.536M (32bit)|
|DSD 64-512X （DOP）|
|DSD 64-1024X （Native）|
|I2S||PCM 44.1K-1.536M (32bit)|
|PCM 48K NOS||THD+N 0.00032% @1K(-110dB)|
|DAC Voltage Output 2.9Vrms (RCA), 5.8Vrms (XLR)|
|(Optional) Pre-amplifier Voltage Output 5.8Vrms (RCA), 11.6Vrms (XLR)|
|DSD 128X||THD+N 0.00025% @1K(-112dB)|
|DAC Voltage Output 1.45Vrms (RCA), 2.9Vrms (XLR)|
|(Optional) Pre-amplifier Voltage Output 2.9Vrms (RCA), 5.8Vrms (XLR)|
|Size (Chassis)||430x300x55mm (W x L x H, Dimensions do not include protruding parts)|